Sunday, September 12, 2010

Peg Leg Pete



Well its been a while since I posted anything (school has been crazy and its a lot different when your the teacher), anyways here is a little thing I worked on. Its a character design I did back in school, I call him "Peg Leg Pete" and he was the first pirate character I tackled. I decided to revisit this design and update it for the portfolio. I enjoyed how it turned out.

These next designs were done for fun and practice. I'm a big POTC fan (Ride & Movie) and I wanted to make a fun illustration of three of the main characters from the movie. Overall I'm very pleased with the final product. Jack actually was developed pretty quick, I think its due to Johnny Depp's performance being so animated to begin with that it helped when designing and posing him.



Will Turner was some what difficult when it came to a proper facial expression and pose. He was the straight man to Jacks craziness so I had to do a number of sketches until I got one that I thought fit the character well. Captain Barbossa, being my favorite character from the movie caused me to spend a little more time on him then the others. I wanted to get him perfect and I think I accomplished that. I really enjoyed the research for this one and I think it shows when viewing these designs.

Well until next time, which will be a lot sooner then last.

- Ramon H.

1 comment: